Friday, March 6, 2009

more pendants

After spending a few weeks away from my hobby, I went glass-fusing crazy last weekend!

Between full fusing and slumping I ended up doing four full loads in the kiln. I finally had the chance to try 2 of my new molds but wasn't that thrilled with the results. I guess I will need to adjust the firing schedule - the glass didn't quite stretch down far enough into the bottom of the mold to produce a nice flat bottom. C'est la vie.

I was particularly busy finishing a project for an upcoming birthday. I tried something new and needed to do a lot of tricky hand-scoring and sanding with my diamond pad. I cut myself multiple times and had sore wrists and arms (scoring, cutting and sanding is hard work!) but I was pretty happy with the results - given that this was a first attempt. I've decided that I really need a glass grinder - that would have made last weekend's project go a lot quicker and yielded a more professional end result. I will post some pictures after the gifts have been received and opened.

I've been receiving special requests for pendants and earrings. I have a batch in the kiln right now but here are a few that were made last weekend:










No comments: