Sunday, September 21, 2008

more glass pendants

I forgot to take pictures during jewelry class last week but next Thursday is the last class so my final projects will be finished and coming home with me. I decided to make a few silver pendants with cut out and punched out designs. It was A LOT of sawing (and changing of blades as I snapped a few) but I like the way they are turning out. I designed them for my dissertation committee members so they have an animal theme to them.

Now that I'm done school I'll have time to get back into soap making and baking. Hopefully I'll have something to post soon. I'm also looking into more classes to take. I'm leaning toward cake decorating or the second level of silversmithing. I REALLY enjoy glass fusing but would like to do more than just pendants so I'm looking into purchasing my own kiln so I can do some experimenting. So much exciting crafty-goodness!

Here are the second batch of glass pendants I made. I find them very hard to photograph well. The flash or light tends to shine off them and it's hard to really show off the different colours in the pieces.



And here is one that went to my best friend Becky. She sported it on our evening out to Spamalot.



This weekend has been awesome. It's really my first weekend "off" in 6 years so I've been enjoying doing whatever I please guilt-free! The highlight of the weekend was a visit to a travel agency where we booked a trip to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana). We leave on Saturday - less than a week!! This trip is Alex's graduation present to me - he's the best. All-inclusive food and drinks (24 hours a day!) sounds so luxurious. I can't wait to go!

No comments: