Wednesday, September 17, 2008

project two - copper bracelet and pendant

Traffic was a big mess last Thursday so I was half an hour late for class and arrived without designs for my final project. I had had a very busy and stressful week and wasn't feeling very creative so instead of designing a crappy project to start, I finished off my bracelet and made a matching pendant. I'll be starting my final project in tomorrow's class.

Here is the copper after I cut the metal and filed and sanded the edges.


After annealing and bending the piece into shape.


On to hammering


The pendant has been cut (but not yet filed or sanded)


The completed set


In other other news....I'm officially finished school!! Yahoooo!!! I successfully defended my dissertation last Wednesday and couldn't be more thrilled or relieved. Just call me Dr. Lorah!

No comments: