Monday, May 5, 2008

Research day 1

I've had a very productive day and am feeling quite self-satisfied. I started working at 8:30 this morning (well, yesterday morning technically) and it is now 1:35. Not bad - 17 hours of work on my first allocated research day! If I keep up this pace I'll definitely have my first draft ready for May 12th.

For some reason I always feel that I can't post a message on my blog without some kind of picture to go along with it. Sooooo...as weird as it may be, I took a few shots of my hard at work. The first shot was taken after I chunked the data and then cut out the different quotes/tidbits from the experiemental group. The next shot is of said data sorted into themes with really rough labels.



I know, I know...it all looks so very sophisticated and scientific! Since that photo was taken I've done the same with the info from experiemental group 2 and the control group (chunked the data and then sorted them into themes). I added a few new themes and a whole bunch more bits of paper.

I think that's pretty good progress for one day. Mind you I did take a few breaks but was able to keep myself on track. I spent some time looking up places to go in Ontario this summer. I'm thinking of going camping in one of the Provincial Parks - Kilarney I think. I also went online to get tickets to Spamalot! I'm pretty excited. I missed the show when it came to Toronto a few years ago. The lineup of Mirvish productions is quite impressive this season. There are about 4 others I want to get tickets for - NOT the best time to be unemployed!

Well, I'm going to call it a night. Tomorrow I will try and collapse some of the themes and come up with good labels. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll be writing my results section.

No comments: