Wednesday, February 11, 2009

red glass bowl found a friend

Remember this little red bowl?

This was the first bowl I made. Scoring the circle was WAY harder than I thought it would be and I didn't know how to tidy up the edges before firing. I hoped that the uneven edges would smooth out during the firing. Didn't happen. I like how the piece slumped during the second firing.

Well, I was looking at this little bowl and it seemed lonely. No other piece was made with the same glass and it didn't even have another bowl to hang with.

Here is it's mate:

I used the same glass, cut two layers and did a full fuse.

Here it is after the second firing where I slumped it into a plate mold. Taking photos of glass is hard! Either there is too much light with lots of reflections that wash out the details and the slump shape or there is not enough light. I should get a new camera.


Still have the newest pedants and earrings to post. Stay tuned!


No comments: