Saturday, July 19, 2008

A lazy saturday

I don't often get to enjoy a day of leisure just hanging around the house doing whatever I please so I took advantage of that opportunity today.

We ended up having to do a run to the cottage directly after work yesterday so it was quite a long day. We didn't get back home until 11pm and I couldn't get to sleep for a few hours after that. Alex was up early for work (at 3:30am..ugh!) but I got to stay in bed and sleep in. I love to sleep in. For some reason the best sleep I get is between the hours of 6 and 9 so I am VERY pleased when I get to stay in bed until 9.

Once up I put some coffee on and headed outside to read this month's edition of Dwell magazine. Here's a shot of the newly elevated, curbed and bricked sitting area of the backyard. It's a lousy shot really. You don't get to see the whole deck area or get an idea of how it's elevated from the rest of the backyard. Mind you, this is precisely where that 9 tons of screening was sitting just a few weeks ago. I took this photos mostly because I was happy to have somewhere to sit in the backyard again. I'll take some more shots when the rest of the backyard is finished off.



I went out for Chinese food with my mom for lunch and then did some shopping. Alex and I had decided that once the interlock was down in the backyard we'd buy a new BBQ so it seemed like a good idea to go looking for one while I was out. In the end, and at the recommendation of a friend and some pressuring from my mom, I went with a big and bad Ducane model. I love it. Here's how it looked right out of the box!

Max giving the BBQ a sniff test

Now that's assembly even I can handle! We only needed to fasten the side prep areas and put together the rotisserie. I'll have to take some pictures of it tomorrow now that it's finished and functional.
I can't wait to barbecue on that baby tomorrow night.

When I posted my update message I forgot to mention that I had just gone to see Evil Dead the Musical on July 5th. It was an AMAZING show! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at the theatre. The musical numbers were hilarious! And kudos to the actors for doing such a great job at acting, singing and dancing. I HIGHLY recommend going to see this production. The show has been extended a few times already and is set to close in early August. I strongly encourage anyone within the vicinity of Toronto to get see it. It's playing at the Diesel Playhouse.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

can we be rude and invite ourselves over for some delicious grilling??? we can do it potluck style!