Friday, March 21, 2008

I made bread


A little while ago I tried making bread for the first time. It wasn't actually all the difficult but I was suprised at how much waiting was involved. It ended up taking me most of the day to bake 2 loaves but I was able to make sugar cookies, whip up a batch of royal icing to decorate them with and then make a chocolate banana cake with buttercream frosting while I was waiting for the bread to rise at different stages. All in all, I enjoyed the experience and was really glad that I had a standmixer to do all the hard work for me!

In other news, the house renos are progressing smoothly. Our new bedroom is almost finished and I hope to post pictures of the process in a few days (as soon as the new flooring is down and the furniture is). My research is going well, all the quantitative data has now been entered into the database but no analyses have been run. The qualitative data is coming along too, 11 interviews have been completed and transcribing will begin this weekend (ack!).

Alex's new bike is now safe and sound at home.

No comments: