Sunday, July 26, 2009

rings galore

It's been raining all weekend in Toronto. I wasn't able to borrow a canopy for the weekend so I didn't end up going to the market on Saturday - good decision since it rained, rained, rained. Instead I stayed home and made more jewelry and posted a few more items on etsy.

I'm really happy with the new ring blanks I ordered. I made a bunch of different styles of rings and have used the different blanks to try them out. My favourite ones have a wide band that adjusts underneath the pad - really comfortable but quite the substantial ring. I've been using those blanks for the larger cabochons.

Gumballs anyone? If only my quarter had resulted in one of these!



Millefiori rings


Small monochromatic rings - a perfect compliment to a colourful pendant.


With millefiori.


Love this one - reminds me of a black onyx.


Made matching pendants and earrings for these ones.


In other news, I've booked my next licensing exam (for September) so I'm starting to prepare for that. I was surprised that there were so few exam dates available in the time frame that was open to me (you have 60 days to sit for the exam once you register), and virtually nothing at all at the Toronto office. Looks like I have to drive to London to take the test. Initially I was scheduled for a 7:30 am start time. Ugh. You have to check in 30 minutes before the exam starts and the commute would be about 2.5 hours so I'd have to leave the house at 4:30 am! Nothing like getting a good night's sleep the night before an important exam. Luckily I was able to change my start time to 9:00 am, which is a tad more reasonable.

No comments: