Sunday, August 3, 2008

A crafty weekend

Finally, a craft update!! My newest hobby is making cold process soap. Here are some bars from my first attempt. A friend gave me the recipe. These bars are largely olive oil based with some coconut oil, palm oil and cocoa butter which makes a mild soap with a good lather. The ones pictured below are scented citrus fresh and may or may not be destined for a PIF recipient.

I am hoping to get some batches made in September so they will be ready for Christmas. I will take some pictures of the process when I do.

I also got back into jewelry making this weekend. Here are a pair of earrings. The earrings ended up being a bit bigger than originally designed but I like how they turned out. I need to replace the earwires with bigger hooks but once that is done they may or may not be on their way to a PIF recipient.


And lastly, I made a batch of muffins to be enjoyed over the long weekend. Some of these are blueberry (for me) and some are chocolate-nut (for Alex).

No comments: